Worksport Ltd., through its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and owns the IP on a variety of tonneau covers, solar integrations, and H2 NP green energy solutions for clean energy & automotive industries. Worksport will manufacture its advanced products in its 152,847-square-foot facility located in West Seneca NY, including its brand-new solar cover, SOLIS, which is primarily constructed of aluminum components and a slight modification of one of Worksport’s other product lines, the tri-fold tough cover.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Engineer to set up and monitor operations. The Engineer’s responsibilities during this startup phase will be the creation of assembly line/process for a new product line including machine and fixture design as well as product development support.
This position has the potential to grow into a managerial role directing plant engineering activities.
- Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Design/balance assembly cells, including material handling and assembly fixtures.
- Recommend automation solutions and lead implementations.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades including machine design, jigs, and fixtures.
- Define business processes to integrate with our ERP system (Oracle-NetSuite).
- Reviewing production schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Developing design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs.
- Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements.
- Training staff for new processes and providing instructions and manuals.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably consistent with your position.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Takes initiative
- Relevant technological knowledge
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Manufacturing Engineer Education Requirements and Related Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree
- experience in an engineering discipline
- Experience using solidworks
Location: (In person) West Seneca